Watch out Introduction to School Counseling at Glenkirk video by copying and pasting the following link into your web browser: https://youtu.be/7F24QBgPzdE
Vision Statement: Glenkirk Elementary School Counseling Program
AtGlenkirk Elementary School all students will have access to a datadriven comprehensive school counseling program. Students will beproactive, organized, responsible for their own actions, able to set andmeet goals and achieve high academic standards. Students will developinterpersonal skills that will enable them to be problem solvers bothacademically and socially. The skills attained at Glenkirk will enablestudents to build career skills that will prepare them to be citizens ina diverse and ever changing world. Students, staff, parents andstakeholders will collaborate with the school counselors to facilitatesuccess for all students.
Belief Statement: Glenkirk Elementary School Counseling Program
We, the Professional School Counselors at Glenkirk Elementary School, believe that:
- Each student is a unique individual with diverse needs, talents, cultures and backgrounds.
- All students should be given the tools and support to achieve academic success.
- All students will have equal access and rights to participate in a school counseling program that is comprehensive in scope, preventive in design, and developmental in nature.
- A comprehensive school counseling program plays an integral role in the development and well-being of all students.
- The Glenkirk Elementary School counseling program should be delivered by full-time, state-certified, master’s-degree-level school counselors.
Mission Statement: Glenkirk Elementary School Counseling Program
TheGlenkirk Elementary School Counseling program promotes academic, careerand personal/social development of all students through a collaborativeeffort with students, teachers, administrators, parents and communitymembers. Given the diverse population of Glenkirk Elementary School, thecounseling program helps each student regardless of sex, race, ethnicbackground, socioeconomic class or learning ability, preparing studentsto become successful and responsible members of the local, national andglobal communities.